- The Posix compiler (for Linux and OS X) now outputs intermediates. Motivated by a request from Github user procedural, I finally got around to getting this to work. I've seen up to a 2x performance boost on repeat compiles, and small compile times are now much shorter than a second. Developers should be aware that they may need to clean their runtime Intermediate folder via the IRuntimeObjectSystem::CleanObjectFiles() function.
- Visual Studio 2015 is now fully supported from both upgrading the solution or generating with cmake. After reading Bruce Dawson's excellent post on /DEBUG:FASTLINK I've added support for this to compiles, with generated pdb's being much smaller and runtime compiles faster. Thanks to github user Ashalah for spotting I had the VS2015 version number incorrect as MS skipped 13!
- CMake support for OS X has been added, so developers can use this instead of the included XCode project if needed.
- Runtime dependencies have been extended to support arbitrary file and extensions. See the documentation on the wiki for more details.
- Added cmake install support from Github user kubaroth.
04 August 2015
Faster Runtime Compiles and Improved Compiler support
Recent code changes have concentrated on getting faster runtime compiles, and improving compiler support.